+1.772.261.8858 U.S.A | +39.081.19137170 Italy | +39.379.1526656 Italy [email protected]

The B visa belongs to the Non-immigrant visa category, which means that the applicant must prove that he/she has no intention of permanently relocating to the United States.

It is divided into 2 categories: B1 and B2. The B 1 is granted to those who wish to open an activity in the United States or travel beyond the time allowed by the Visa Waiver Program so called ESTA. Examples include cases where an investor wants to explore the market before starting an activity. The applicant can apply for the B-1 visa to undertake relationships, negotiate with suppliers, search for a venue. It should be noted that the B visa holder is not authorized to work and cannot receive direct compensation from American companies.

The B2 visa is granted to those who wish to travel for pleasure to the United States beyond the time allowed by the ESTA.

The visa procedure is done through a consulate that will require an interview with the candidate.

B visa holders can stay up to 6 months and return as many times as they wish until the visa is valid. In the event that the terms are violated and the visa holder remains in the American territory for more than 6 months, illegal presence is accumulated. In this case it will be necessary to ask for a Waiver (forgiveness) explaining the reasons for the unlawful presence. In some cases, however, there are limits and the visa holder cannot return to the United States for up to 10 years. Spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 can obtain B visas with the principal applicant. However, they are not allowed to work, but they can obtain a driving license and open bank accounts. Children can attend private school. The B visa is one of the most problematic as it is necessary to justify the need to remain in the United States over 90 days (as permitted by ESTA). The B visa is advisable for individuals who have families in the United States and therefore need to stay with the family, or individuals who need to engage in commercial activities and have a program that forces them to stay in the United States for a long period of time. The request of a B visa is highly discouraged if a prolonged presence cannot be justified. The refusal could cause a withdrawal / cancellation of the ESTA by permanently limiting the possibility of entry into the United States of the visa holder.